We are a dynamic company looking for our next great hire to join our Linguistics group in Carlsbad, CA.
The right candidate will be working directly with our semantic search technology used by world renowned publishers around the globe. Our challenges include leveraging knowledge in the form of ontologies and semantic resources to understand the content of documents in order to deliver the best search results, select the most relevant adverts and videos and improve natural language understanding.
We offer a dynamic environment with a small team of dedicated and talented engineers and knowledge workers. Our company has a start-up culture while having its product already deployed on dozens of publisher web sites. This is a unique opportunity to tackle challenging problems usually reserved to a few large companies in the search and advertising industries.
NTENT embraces the fun, agility and innovation of a startup culture while enjoying the security of having technology already deployed with a large and rapidly growing customer base. This is a rare chance to take your career to the next level in one of today's hottest tech industries.
Motivation and Format of Employment
The company is looking to fill a position of a senior Kazakh-speaking computational linguist who would be responsible for an entire project of providing support for a number of Kazakh-language applications such as a semantic search engine.
- Lead a geographically-distributed team of Kazakh-speaking linguists working on all major aspects of natural language processing in Kazakh: tokenization/stemming, part-of-speech tagging, parsing, semantic analysis (semantic role labeling, disambiguation, etc.) and translation
- Work closely with the core team of developers to ensure the compatibility of the delivered results with the core technology
- Identify requirements, priorities and deliverables for tasks and sub-projects and report regularly on the progress of the stated deliverables
- A Ph.D. degree in Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing or a Masters degree with at least 3 years of research/industry experience with information retrieval, text analytics, or machine translation
- A track record of leading or coordinating projects in natural language processing/computational linguistics in Kazakh or Turkic languages
- A native speaker of Kazakh
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of open-source or proprietary NLP packages for Kazakh (stemmers, taggers, parsers, semantic analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming in languages like Perl, C/C++, Java or Python
- Experience with ontology engineering or formal semantic representation
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Experience with disambiguation technology
- Experience with named entity recognition
The hire is expected to work full-time and on-site in Carlsbad, California.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive three weeks of vacation, generous sick days plan and 9 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.