We are a dynamic company looking for our next great hire to join our Linguistics group in Carlsbad, CA.
The right candidate will be working directly with our semantic search technology used by world renowned publishers around the globe. Our challenges include leveraging knowledge in the form of ontologies and semantic resources to understand the content of documents in order to deliver the best search results, select the most relevant adverts and videos and improve natural language understanding.
We offer a dynamic environment with a small team of dedicated and talented engineers and knowledge workers. Our company has a start-up culture while having its product already deployed on dozens of publisher web sites. This is a unique opportunity to tackle challenging problems usually reserved to a few large companies in the search and advertising industries.
NTENT embraces the fun, agility and innovation of a start-up culture while enjoying the security of having technology already deployed with a large and rapidly growing customer base. This is a rare chance to take your career to the next level in one of today's hottest tech industries.
Motivation and Format of Employment
The company is looking to fill a position of a Russian-speaking C++ software engineer who would be responsible for the development of a number of Russian-language applications such as a semantic search engine.
- Working on all major aspects of natural language processing modules in Russian: tokenization/stemming, part-of-speech tagging, parsing, semantic analysis (semantic role labeling, disambiguation, etc.)
- Work closely with the core team of developers to ensure the compatibility of the delivered results with the core technology
- Identify requirements, priorities and deliverables for tasks and sub-projects and report regularly on the progress of the stated deliverables
- A Bachelor in Science or Masters Degree in Science required or equivalent
- Native speaker of Russian (spoken and written)
- Fluency in English
- Expert in C/C++ programming, including STL (3+ years)
- Experience in multi-threaded application, sockets
- Experience in scalable architectures and high-throughput application design
- Comfortable with Linux and bash scripting
- Natural Language Processing (tokenization, stemming, lemmatization, parsing)
- Experience in Semantic web technologies (OWL, RDF, microformats, microdata, triple stores, SPARQL)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Experience with disambiguation technology
- Experience with named entity recognition
- Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hadoop, Hive)
The hire is expected to work full-time and on-site in Carlsbad, California.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive three weeks of vacation, generous sick days plan and 9 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.