We are a dynamic company looking for our next great hire to join our Linguistics group in Carlsbad, CA.
The right candidate will be working directly with our semantic search technology used by world renowned publishers around the globe. Our challenges include leveraging knowledge in the form of ontologies and semantic resources to understand the content of documents in order to deliver the best search results, select the most relevant adverts and videos and improve natural language understanding.
We offer a dynamic environment with a small team of dedicated and talented engineers and knowledge workers. Our company has a start-up culture while having its product already deployed on dozens of publisher web sites. This is a unique opportunity to tackle challenging problems usually reserved to a few large companies in the search and advertising industries.
NTENT embraces the fun, agility and innovation of a startup culture while enjoying the security of having technology already deployed with a large and rapidly growing customer base. This is a rare chance to take your career to the next level in one of today's hottest tech industries.
Motivation and Format of Employment
The company is looking to fill two positions of a Knowledge Worker / Search Quality Engineer who will be working in our growing Kazakh R&D team. The hire is expected to work full-time and on-site in Carlsbad, California.
- Establishes quality standards and enforces them in all project phases.
- Perform functional test of various parts of the search platform.
- Perform content quality evaluation by running popular queries and reviewing the search results to ensure the quality.
- Perform ad matching quality evaluation by running popular queries and reviewing the suggested adverts.
- Maintains the extensive ontology by creating, deleting and revising concepts in an existing knowledge base.
- Coordinate crowd-sourced evaluations of the search results, analyze the results and determine how to remedy the quality problem (coverage, ontology, ranking, facets, and software defect).
- Review daily quality evaluation reports and investigate problems.
We are looking for someone who, aside from being passionate about providing the highest quality search results to customers, has excellent communication skills and a very strong team spirit.
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
- Native fluency in Kazakh and a deep understanding of the Kazakh culture are required
- Ability to dive deep into problem areas and suggest solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management
- Prior experience in measuring search quality is desirable
- BA or MA in Linguistics is a plus.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive three weeks of vacation, generous sick days plan and 9 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.